SGS is the world’s leading inspection, verification, testing and certification company. SGS is recognized as the global benchmark for quality and integrity. With more than 97,000 employees, SGS operates a network of over 2,600 offices and laboratories around the world.
The Food Safety Management Systems Auditor is responsible for the auditing and inspection of food safety management systems and processes of clients, in all food market sectors for which they are considered eligible. This will be done in accordance with all relevant Global System Procedures and Global Product Procedures, ISO 19011 and the maintenance of our ISO 17021 accredited management system.
The ideal candidate for this position should possess the following:
- Experience in the food or associated industry including at least 2 years’ full-time work in quality assurance or food safety functions in food production, processing, manufacturing, retailing, inspection or enforcement or the equivalent. (For consultancy work a minimum of 120 days will be required to be considered as equivalent to 6 months full-time work experience).
- 3rd party audit experience within the food industry will be considered as relevant work experience.
- A degree (or equivalent qualification) in a food or bio-science related discipline.
- A minimum 2-day (minimum 8 hours per day) HACCP training course with exam.
- Food Safety Management System Lead Auditor Training – minimum duration of 40 hours (5 days) including an exam; or ISO 9001 Lead Auditor training (minimum 40 hours) including an exam and ISO 22000 or FSSC 22000 conversion course (minimum 8 hours) including an exam.
- In addition, for FSSC:
- Food Fraud training including an exam.
- Food Defense training including an exam.
- Candidates with experience in the following industries will be given preference: Packaging, oil manufacturing/processing, fish, meat, fruit & veg, dairy and wine.
Primary Job Responsibilities but not limited to:
- Perform all duties in accordance with the SGS Statement of Integrity.
- Lead Auditing of SGS Clients against relevant codes of practice and protocols/checklists.
- Compliance with all CBE GSP’s, GPPs and local procedures (Administrative as well as Operational).
- Delighted customer base.
- Accreditation compliance in all elements of auditing function.
- Achieved KPI’s (turn-around times, quality of reports etc.)
- Achieved quality KPI’s of audit pack submission to back-office and Technical Review functions.
- Compliance with all Certnet and ePack requirements with regard to auditing.
- Promote the image, capability and integrity of the company to the clients.
- Operate to the highest standards of ethics, in accordance with the SGS Statement of Integrity.
- Conduct peer evaluations on auditors auditing in the same industry sector where required.
- Ensure the best quality of execution of all outputs delivered.
- Adhere to SGS policies, procedures well as any other instruction either verbal or in writing to yourself.
- Adhere to all quality and safety requirements of the SGS management system.
- Accountable for quality of audits carried out.
Subcontractor position with competitive fees
Should you have not heard from our recruitment team within two weeks, please consider your application unsuccessful.
Applications to be submitted to firstname.lastname@example.org